[sane-devel] Epson 1670: Hi quality, Slide & film Scanning

Damon Toal-Rossi damontoalrossi@yahoo.com
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:27:46 -0800 (PST)

I have a (pesky) Epson 1670.  Lower quality flatbed scans come in fine.
 But I have problems in two areas:

Slides & Film: there is a lot of color distortion.  There are vertical
color bands, including a red tinted area about 1/3 of the right hand
side and some blue tinted lines.  This happens at all resolutions.

High Quality (1200, 900): It seems as if the image is horizontally
shifted to the left, so the right half shows up as a distortion (red
and/or green tint) on the left. (I hope this makes sense).

I think I saw something about this a while ago on this list, but can't
remember when/where, and I don't think it was resolved.  Pardon the redundancy.