[sane-devel] Simplified installation procedure for Redhat Fedora Linux 1.0 and Epson 1670 scanner, also a report of a bug?

Jeff Silverman jeff@commercialventvac.com
Mon, 09 Feb 2004 02:40:31 -0800

People,

    I bought an Epson perfection 1670 scanner.  I think that the
installation procedure is too cumbersome, so I rewrote it specifically
for the Epson 1670 and Fedora.  Please feel free to take a look at it,
it is on my website:
http://www.commercialventvac.com/~jeffs/epson1670andFedora.html

    The problem also describes a problem: the registration of the colors
breaks down at densities beyound 600 DPI.  Curiously, the problem is
worse at 900 DPI than at 1200 DPI.  I have an example - to avoid
flooding this list, I put the examples on the
http://www.commercialventvac.com/~jeffs/epson1670andFedora.html page.

    The box the scanner came in says that the resolution can go to
1600x3200 DPI but xsane doesn't seem to believe that.

Many thanks,