[sane-devel] Distortion of pictures scanned using canoscan n1220u and latest plustek backend

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 09:29:08 -0500 (EST)

out of proportion images usually are because you requested a resolution
that the scanner does not physically support in one of it's two
directions. i dont know if this is the case in your scanner, since i dont
have one, but it is certainly the case for older scanners from several
different brands that i have used.

try turning on debugging for your scanner from the command line, and look
at the output during a small scan. see if it says anything about rounding
the x or y resolution value.

SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=255 scanimage > /dev/null

allan