[sane-devel] Simplified installation procedure for Redhat Fedora Linux 1.0 and Epson 1670 scanner, also a report of a bug?

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:25:33 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 09:44:37AM -0500, m. allan noah wrote:
> > oh, and the buttons are not likely to work until we decide just how we are
> > going to communicate them back to the front-end app, which is an on-going
> > discussion on this list.
>
> There is already a set of options for buttons in the draft of the
> SANE2 standard:
>
> http://www.sane-project.org/sane2/0.08/doc014.html
>
> Bye,
>   Henning

sure. but we might still be a ways off from sane2. also, i dont feel like
the proposal gives enough detail about just what each bit of the button
bitmap does, or which ones actually exist in the scanner. if the backend
could spec names for each bit, then you would not have some
trial-and-error to get your front-end to do the right thing on each button
press.

allan