[sane-devel] scanimage cannot see Umax Astra 2100S scanner.

Oliver Rauch Oliver.Rauch@Rauch-Domain.DE
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 13:43:13 +0100

Hello Russ,

may be your scanner is a relabled Astra 2200S
(UMAX seems to mix the motherboards of some scanners
in the last time). In this case the following may help:

Disbale the option "quality calibration" in the
standard-options window of xsane or
for scanimage use --quality-cal=3Dno

Oliver

Am Samstag, 14. Februar 2004 12:56 schrieb Russ Pitman:
> Oliver Rauch wrote:
> > Hello Russ,
> >
> > OK. Now I am sure that the driver uses the correct values.
> > It is not a problem of the sane-umax driver. I guess it is a
> > configuration problem of the scsi controller. Please make sure
> > that you disabled "disconnect/reconnect" in the setup or
> > configuration of your scsi controller - at least for the device
> > ID of the scanner.
> >
> > When this does not help then we have to take a closer look
> > at your scsi chain (termination, cable length, etc.)
> >
> > Oliver
>
> I reset the factory defaults for the controller card, it has a series o=
> options including 'Adapter Configuration' and 'SCSI Configuration'which
> contained
> SCSI Disconnection   set at  'yes' to all (reset 'no' to all)
>
> Running scanimage -d umax:/dev/scanner fails as before, however using x=
sane
> to acquire a preview  starts and runs and displays the image successful=
ly,
> which seems to indicate that the adapter chain is ok.
>
> Running 'scan' in xsane fails, I can hear the scanner attempt to start =
then
> the activity led shuts down.
>
> Sorry it took so long to think of trying xsane.

--=20
http://www.xsane.org
http://www.rauch-domain.de
http://www.sane-project.org