[sane-devel] Re: [Fwd: Re: TWAIN-SANE for microtek slimscan c6 usb]

Karsten Festag karsten.festag@gmx.de
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:57:03 +0100

Hi,

I must admit that I have not planned to convert the microtek2 backend for
using threads. And I doubt if this is the solution because under linux the
microtek2 - USB- scanners only work with a special kernel module
(microtek.o). This module makes the USB-scanner appear as a SCSI device to
the backend (the backend only knows SCSI). As far as I know there is no such
a module in OS X.
A possible solution might be to include the translating code into the
microtek2 backend and use libusb. I don't have the time to do this now and I
have no USB scanner for testing available but you are welcome to try to do
this work.
The kernel module for Linux was written by
John Fremlin <vii@penguinpowered.com> and
Oliver Neukum <Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>
Maybe they can help you more than I can.

Sorry for the bad news.

Best regards

Karsten