[sane-devel] scanimage -T complains on newly working Boeder Slimscan

Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:12:01 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 11:54:54PM -0000, Jim George wrote:
> having finally got the above backend working, thanks to Allan Noah and
> Henning, I ran scanimage -T and got the following; can someone explain
> what's the likely problem?

There is no problem, only a warning :-)

> [gt68xx] sane_cancel: warning: scanned 18943 bytes, expected 9092325 bytes

scanimage -T tries to scan a big area but then only reads some bytes
for its test. After that the scan is cancelled. As not all of the pixels that should
have been scanned were actually read by the frontend, the gt68xx
backend complains. It can't know that this is only a test.