[sane-devel] woody installation scanimage etc. missing

Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:26:50 +0100

Dear Julien,

>>   I installed sane 1.0.11-3_hppa and libsane 1.0.13-3_hppa.

JB> First of all, where did you find the packages ? I guess you use the
JB> packages from <http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/>, right ?

It looks nice, will it make a difference?
I took it from
ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pub/unix/linux/mirrors/debian/

JB> In versions newer than 1.0.8, scanimage and some other tools from
JB> sane-backends have been moved to a separate package named
JB> sane-utils.
JB> Just install this package ;)

Life can be so easy! Thanks a lot. May be I didn't notice when reading
the docs and things.

 Holger