[sane-devel] woody installation scanimage etc. missing

Fri, 20 Feb 2004 23:39:03 +0100

Hi Julien,

JB> is now sane-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org.

done.

>> There is an entry in services, I put it to inetd.conf., I added saned
>> as a system user in group saned. What can be the problem?

JB> If you have an entry for saned in inetd.conf, you won't be able to run
JB> it from the command line because inetd will have bound the port
JB> already.

Ok, so the message is not surprising.

JB> If you want to test, you must remove the entry from inetd.conf then
JB> ask inetd to reload its configuration and then you can test saned from
JB> the command line.

Thanks, inetd.conf is the clue, sorry, I used the wrong path to saned.
I could find now in the /var/log/daemon.log "Feb 20 23:12:22 hp-debian
inetd[301]: execv /usr/local/sbin/saned: No such file or directory".
It's /usr/sbin/saned!
Reading and most of all following the recommendations of
http://www.penguin-breeder.org/sane/saned/ helps a lot. It's working
like charme now. Using the adf of hp scanjet IIp over the network and
sanetwain. Also thanks to Herman Kuiper who debugged the adf-stuff in
sanetwain.

Have a nice weekend!
 Holger