[sane-devel] Re: gamma correction procedure

Stefan Schlörholz stefan@schloerholz.de
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:17:53 +0100

Frank Peters schrieb am Donnerstag, 26. Februar 2004 03:29:

Frank,

> However, good tools for applying color profiles are the tifficc
> utility that comes with the lcms profiler (http:www.littlecms.com)
> and the cmap utility from scarse (http:www.scarse.org).  I have
> used these to color correct scans _before_ opening them in gimp.

Good to hear that somebody already works as I would like to do.

> As far as generating scanner color profiles under Linux, both scarse
> and lcms profiler have given me excellent results.  But the lcms
> profiler cannot be compiled under Linux without first modifying
> the supplied Makefiles.  The problem is that the newer QT libraries
> are referenced incorrectly.  If anyone is interested in how to fix
> these Makefiles, just send a message to the list.

I would like to know how to implement colour correction at all to sane.
I get much better results from scans under windows in contrast to
Linux. Since I do not have a Wiindows installation any longer I miss
good quality scans under Linux. Under Windows I could go through a
procedure scanning a reference slide.

Could you give hints or a description how to roceed to get colour
correction in sane?

Feel free to send information to the list or as private message.

cu

Stefan