[sane-devel] Cannot connect to saned

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Feb 2 17:37:40 GMT 2004

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 10:13:26PM +0100, Hauke Coltzau wrote:
> Calling scanimage -d net:192.168.0.1 -L from remote doesn't
> show me any recognized scanners.

That won't work anyway. "-L" calls sane_get_devices and that will ask
all the backends listed in dll.conf if there is a device. The device
is not opened, however. "-d" set's the name for opening (sane_open)
the device. So it doesn't help when used in combination with "-L".

> So, my problem is now that xsane and kooka do not recognize the scanner,
> because scanimage -L doesn't recognize the scanner. But scanning from
> console works when the device name is given.
>
> What doe I miss now?

On the client either dll.conf does not contain "net" or net.conf does
not contain "192.168.0.1".