[sane-devel] SANE support for Ricoh is410

Oliver Schirrmeister oschirr at abm.de
Mon Feb 16 10:35:23 GMT 2004

Am Donnerstag 12 Februar 2004 22:02 schrieb John Lei:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> 		I have an old Ricoh is410 SCSI scanner that I was hoping to be able
> to pull out of our graveyard. I've hooked it up to a PowerMac G4
> running OS X.2.8 using a Grappler 906F (current firmware) and the
> TWAIN-SANE interface. The scanner is not being detected by SANE;
> although it is showing up in my system profiler.
>     I was hoping someone could assist me in this experiment; whether or
> not I'd be able to get this scanner working again.
>     Thanks for your help.
>
>     John.

I've played with the IS410 and the ibm backend some years ago. I was able
to move the paper through the ADF or even scan with some minor patches of the
backend (don't know if I've commited them to Henning). The ricoh backend
didn't work at all with that scanner. If you want to use the scanner seriously
there is some work to do. I wasn't able to get some documentation of the
scanner from ricoh.

Oliver.