[sane-devel] Sanei functions and how to use them

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Feb 22 11:26:01 GMT 2004

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 10:19:02PM -0500, Jason Anderson wrote:
> I would like to know how to use the sanei functions to try to send
> and recieve data from my scanner.  I would like to try to use the
> function "sanei_usb_control_msg", however, I don't quite understand
> the parameters.  I know what the first parameter takes, but I don't
> know about the others.  Could someone please shed some light on the
> subject.

Have a look at the USB specification. It's even linked to at the sanei
documentation page:
http://www.sane-project.org/sanei/sanei__usb_8h.html#a61

The parameters have the same names as described in the USB spec. They
are just values sent to the scanner. Some of them are standardized,
others aren't. What the values actually mean depends on your scanner.