[sane-devel] scanner not recognised

Paul Frisson paulfrisson at skynet.be
Fri Feb 27 15:24:50 GMT 2004

Hello,

I installed fedora linux, with xsane 0.91

When I try to launch Xsane, the answer is that no scanner is connected.

I have a epson GT 5000 (SCSI) which worked well under the Red Hat 9
version and a HP G55 (printer + scanner) - connected on the parallel
port - which is new and works 'normally' under windows.  Under linux,
the printing is OK, but I could not make the scanner work.

None of the 2 scanners is detected when I start XSANE.

Any help welcome, I'm rather new in linux, so my question might sound
stupid but I am really stucked.

Thank you

Paul Frisson