[sane-devel] Re: scanner not recognised part IIHello again,

Karl Heinz Kremer khk at khk.net
Sun Feb 29 22:29:44 GMT 2004

I'm really out of ideas ... Even though the device is recognized at
boot time,
it's not available when you try to scan.

You can rescan your SCSI bus to detect new (or in this case old)
devices with
the script at http://www.garloff.de/kurt/linux/rescan-scsi-bus.sh
Save this script to your disk, make it executable (chmod 755
rescan-scsi-bus.sh)
and run it as root user. Does this report your scanner?

Did you power down the scanner while Linux was running?