[sane-devel] Epson GT-7400U not detected

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@epkowa.co.jp
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 09:25:20 +0900

Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 09:09:56AM +0900, Julian Gough wrote:
>> Under windows it is reported as an Epson Perfection 1270, and seems to
>> work, but the software is in Japanese.
>>
>> I can see that the 1250 and 1260 use the plustek driver. I've configured
>> /etc/sane.d/plustek.conf as follows:
>>  [usb] 0x04B8 0x0120
>>  device auto
>>
>> but still I get nothing detected. I can see no way to try to *force* the
>> plustek driver to be used so that I can see if it works.
>
> You may also try the snapscan backend. At least the 1670 is supported
> by that backend. Maybe these scanners are similar? But you will need
> the latest development version of SANE. Maybe the manintainer of the
> snapscan backend has heard baout that scanner: Oliver Schwartz
> <Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de>

Sorry for the late follow-up.

I've checked around a little bit and found some tidbits of information
that seems to indicate that the GT-7400U is the little sister of the
GT-8400U.  There is a reasonable chance that this scanner works with
the snapscan backend.  You will probably have to muck around a bit to
get it to load the right firmware file and copy that file from the
Windoze software.

No guarantees though ;-)
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
Penguin's lib!       -- I hack, therefore I am --               LPIC-2