[sane-devel] Problems with mustek_pp and releasing the parallel port

edg1@tiscali.be edg1@tiscali.be
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:50:02 +0100

Hi,

as I said before (but I don't know whether it came through because of the
mail hickups), the problem in gdb is almost certainly caused by xinetd
that is still running and listening to port 6566. xinetd has to be stopped
first before running saned in gdb:

   /etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd stop

After that, it should be possible to get a stack trace of the point where
saned hangs.

Eddy

Jochen Eisinger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> another idea. May it be, that there are any saned or scanimage running
> after the first scan attempt?
>
> regards
> -- jochen
>
> Jim George wrote:
> > Eddy and Joachen,
> >
> > when I tried to run saned under gdb I got the following output.  Does
> >'t
> > look good does it?  Can you tell me what I should do now?
> >
> > SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK_PP=255 gdb
> > GNU gdb 5.2.1
> > Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> > GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and
you
> > are wel
> >ome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
> > conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
> > There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for
> > details. This GDB was configured as "i586-suse-linux".
> > (
> >db) exec-file /usr/sbin/saned
> > (gdb) r -d128
> > Starting program: /usr/sbin/saned -d128
> > [saned] main: starting debug mode (level 128)
> > [saned] main: trying to get port for service `sane' (getaddrinfo)
> > [saned] main: [0] socket () using IPv6
> >
> >[saned] main: [0] setsockopt ()
> > [saned] main: [0] bind () to port 6566
> > [saned] main: [0] bind failed: Address already in use
> > [saned] main: [1] socket () using IPv4
> > [saned] main: [1] setsockopt ()
> > [saned] main: [1] bind () to port 6566
> >
> >[saned] main: [1] bind failed: Address already in use
> > [saned] main: couldn't bind an address. Exiting.
> >
> > Program exited with code 01.
> > (gdb)
> >

> > TIA,
> >
> > Jim

Tiscali ADSL: 12 maanden aan  29,50 €/maand! Snel Internet, en voor iedereen.
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=nl