[sane-devel] Re: (sane-devel) info HP scanjet 4600 scanner

Eddie Colon ecr959@yahoo.com
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:16:35 -0800 (PST)

Hello Henning

I'm glad you are including this scanner into your project list.  I
would love to start the ball rolling and bang out a rough driver, but I
don't know any programming at all.  Sorry.    :-)    But I'm not shy
with hardware, if you give me some instruction, tell me what to type at
the command prompt, I can try a few things for you.

About your other question,  I haven't been able to scan at all.
Mandrake will detect the scanner, and say "it is not supported. Would
you like to install it manually ?"   When I say yes, I choose a driver,
(usually  another model from the HP list)  then Mandrake says "not
supported"  and stops right there.  Like a loop.

If it helps this forum at all, I searched on the web for any info and
someone had written that this scanner is actually manufactured by
another company, and that's why the HP drivers won't work.  I looked
all around and couldn't find another company name.

What do you suggest

=====
Eddie Colon
Bayamon, PR  00959

"The best things in life are not things"