[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 3670...

Fri, 9 Jan 2004 19:03:33 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:38:57PM +0100, Christian Josefsson wrote:
> I'm a Computer Science student, which has come to the point of writing
> my Master Thesis. Since I'm interested in systems programming and Linux
> and in the posession of a unsupported scanner, namely hp scanjet 3670,
> I've concidered writing a driver for that scanner as part of my Thesis
> (the thesis would also contain other investigations ...).
> But since there appears to be some activity going on in writing a driver
> for the scanjet 3670 I would like to hear, how far you have come, and
> if it would be feasible for one more person trying to write the driver...

I haven't heard from mancio_and@libero.it after his initial posting
(http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2003-November/009360.html).
If he doesn't answer on this list, try to contact him directly.

> However in case the driver is already close to finished and/or there already
> are enough developers aiming at the same driver, I'd stop pursuing this
> idea and instead find myself another subject for my Thesis.

At least I don't remember anyone posted a link to code or a website
for that scanner. If that doesn't happen some weeks after the first
announcement, this usually menas that the project is dead. But I like
to be surprised otherwise :-)

Anyway, even if someone worked on this project, you could still try to
write a backend for any of the other unsupported scanners. The list is
so long, you shouldn't have trouble to find one :-)