[sane-devel] OS X and umax 1220u

Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:15:41 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 04:38:59PM -0600, David Minor wrote:
> I commented out everything in dll.conf but umax1220u, set USB debug
> output to 255 in addition to the umax1220u debug at 128 as before.  I
> also disconnected all other USB devices to simplify matters.  I'm not
> going to pretend to being able to interpret the output, but I will
> attach for anyone to look over and see if the problem can be isolated.

I'm not the author of that backend so I may be completely wrong...

However, this time you get a completely different error. Openeing the
scanner works, but starting the scan doesn't:

> [umax1220u] sane_start
> [umax1220u] UMAX_set_scan_parameters:
> [umax1220u] color = 1
> [umax1220u] xo    = 0, yo     = 0
> [umax1220u] w     = 0, h      = 0
> [umax1220u] xres  = 75, yres   = 75
> [umax1220u] left  = 0, top    = 0
> [umax1220u] right = 0, bottom = 0
> scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument

There is no tranfer to the scanner involved at all. Looks like a
backend bug. It sets widths and height to 0 by default.

Try again with scanimage but set width and height explicitely to e.g.
10 mm (see scanimage --help for details).