[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 3670...

Sanjay Chigurupati Sanjay.Chigurupati@lntinfotech.com
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:48:40 +0530

Hi,
I tried contacting HP too. Had met Bdale garbee at Linux Bangalore meet. he
said he would try to see if he could help. will send him one more e-mail
and see if it works. also tried contacting one of the R &D people. Bdale
said that some of the scanner chipsets are from 3rdparty and may have
non-disclosure agreement.

Regards,
Sanjay

                      Mickael Profeta
                      <mike@alezan.org>                    To:       Christian Josefsson <md0josch@mdstud.chalmers.se>
                      Sent by:                             cc:       Sane Developers
                      sane-devel-admin@lists.alioth         <sane-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
                      .debian.org                          Subject:  Re: [sane-devel] HP Scanjet 3670...

                      11/01/2004 08:20 PM

Hi,

Sanjay.Chigurupati@lntinfotech.com has a HP scanjet 2400 and it seems to
be the same driver.
After the mail of mancio_and@libero.it we just received, I think I am
the last one to try to write a driver for this scanner :( If I forget
someone just send an e-mail...

Personnaly, I just defend my PhD and due to that I had no time to go on
with this driver, but now i will have much time and I am still very
interested to do it.

I tried to ask HP for some technical doc but with no results... if you
want to try...
I tried to log the usb transaction under windows, bur unfortunately I
can only log the beginning of the transaction... I don't receive
anything in the log after the preview scan :(
So as you can see we are at the very beginning of this job, but if you
are interested I will be very very happy to collaborate.

Do not hesitate to e-mail me, and we can start a more robust project to
lead to this driver if you want...

Sincerely

Mike