[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 3690 support

Lone Directory blackdir@yahoo.com
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:49:00 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,

I'm new to Sane, so please forgive me if I'm asking
one of those anoying questions... I just received a HP
Scanjet 3690 scanner. It is a cheap but nice one: it
has also support for slides/films.

My Suse 9.0 was not able to recognize my scanner and
in the sane supported devices I didn't find any
mention of it. I also googled a bit but I didn'd find
any notes on having my scanner working under linux...
is it possible to make it work? If so, can you give me
some advice?

If it is not yet upported is there anything I can do
to analize it and (with your help) create a specific
configuration for it? (please note that I'm not a
C/C++ programmer)

thanks a lot & regards,
Timur