[sane-devel] Epson GT-7400U not detected

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@epkowa.co.jp
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 11:54:43 +0900

Julian Gough <gough@gsc.riken.jp> writes:

> On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 09:50, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>
>> The file you are looking for is esfw3e.bin.
>
> Graet! I got it. It was in a different place.
>
>>   SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 scanimage -> > debug.log

I meant to write -L, not ->, up there but I think you figured that
much.

> Same old, same old.
> I just get No scanners were identified.

Did you also update the firmware line near the top of snapscan.conf.
Note that it can only handle *one* such line.  If you dumped your
esfw3e.bin in /usr/local/share, you should have

  firmware /usr/local/share/esfw3e.bin

in there.

> I am kind of getting the feeling it's not even trying. Should I delete
> all '.conf' files and remove all entries except the one for my scanner?

No, don't.  If you don't want SANE to try all the backends installed,
comment out the ones you don't want in dll.conf.  So if you only want
to try the snapscan backend, comment out all the others.

> Am I right to use
> usb 0x04b8 0x0120
> or should I be using
> libusb:001:003

You should be using "usb 0x04b8 0x0120".  That is assuming the USB
product ID is 0x0120 (I don't remember off the top of my head).

> Thanks for the help thus far.

You're welcome.
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
Penguin's lib!       -- I hack, therefore I am --               LPIC-2