[sane-devel] HP Scanjet 3690 support

adrianpj@users.sourceforge.net adrianpj@users.sourceforge.net
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 23:44:06 +0100

Hi!

   Henning, could you take a look to the hp3670 SnoopyPro logs? It seems to
follow the low level protocol of the gl646; at least the protocol in
genesys_bulk_write_register() (genesys_low.c:131):

  outdata[0] = BULK_OUT;          /* 0x01 */
  outdata[1] = BULK_REGISTER;     /* 0x00 */
  outdata[2] = 0x00;
  outdata[3] = 0x00;
  outdata[4] = (size & 0xff);          /* length of the bulk data stuff */
  outdata[5] = ((size >> 8) & 0xff);
  outdata[6] = ((size >> 16) & 0xff);
  outdata[7] = ((size >> 24) & 0xff);

  The logs are in http://www.alezan.org/hp3670/, in SnoopyPro binary format.  I
tried to use usblogdump in Linux but it doesn't work very well for me.  I had to
analyze them in Windoze using SnoopyPro.

  So maybe if sane-find-scanner.c ignores device descriptors and just probe
the gl646 protocol using the present USB endpoints it will tell us if really
HP3690, HP2300, HP2400 and maybe other scanners are based in such chipset?

  Cheers,

Adrian P.J.