[sane-devel] scanners with document feeders

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:19:51 -0500 (EST)

my company does something similar to what you describe. we started out
using scanimage called from a perl script to scan individual pages. but,
we needed to monitor the status of various sensors and buttons in the
hardware, which sane does not give access to. so now, we dont use sane,
but for your purposes, it will work.

scanner we use is fujitsu fi-4120C it has scsi and usb 1.1 ports, is
very small, and quite tough. but it's pretty expensive (~900 bucks
retail). the older scsi fujitsu's are pretty good too (3091, 3092, etc)
though they tend to not support the range of resolutions of the newer
models.

they also sell a less expensive fi-4110, which seems pretty good, but it
uses a completely different chip, and is not really suported by sane.

allan