[sane-devel] Question about the Canon Lide 30 behaviour

Jaeger, Gerhard gerhard@gjaeger.de
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:16:19 +0100

Hi,

On Sonntag, 18. Januar 2004 12:28, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
[SNIPSNAP]
> when I start scanning (full or preview) the scanner starts doing some
> stuff, which takes several seconds, maybe up to 20 seconds or something,
> and after this it actually starts scanning, i.e. the scan line starts to
> move.
>
> What is it what is happening at the beginning ? Is this some kind of
> calibration ? Maybe white reference ?
> Is it required that this is done before every single scan ?

What you see is the calibration step. It consists of two parts:
- coarse calibration
- fine calibration

In the end, the fine calibration needs to be done for each scan-step, the
coarse calibration only for each scan-mode. The backend contains a
configuratation switch (in plustek.conf), called
option cacheCalData
Try and set this to 1 and see if this helps. It should save the
coarse-calibration results and reuse it. This feature is not very well
tested...

Ciao,
  Gerhard