[sane-devel] xsane and Gimp 2.0

Julien BLACHE jb@jblache.org
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:56:33 +0100

Jesper Anderson <jesper@pobox.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Is it possible to compile xsane 0.92 against the Gimp 2.0 prerelease?
> I use this version exclusively, and it would be very nice to have
> xsane integrated in it.

Yes, it is, with this patch that a few debian users have been using
for the past months :

<http://people.debian.org/~jblache/xsane-0.92_gimp2.0.patch>

Apply to a clean source tree with patch -p1, run configure, build. It
defaults to GTK2+GIMP2.0. (you don't need to run autoconf)

WARNING: the autoconf check that comes with GIMP 2.0 expects version
strings of the form x.y.z, and GIMP 2.0 pre-versions have a version
string of the form 2.0preX, so the check barfs.

You'll have to edit either gimptool or the .pc file for GIMP 2.0 so
that they return 2.0.0 as the version string.

Oliver, this is the patch I wanted to send you, so feel free to take a
look at it :)

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>