[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 80 backend?

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 20:02:30 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 01:35:29PM -0500, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
> I see from the support list that the Canon LiDE 80 is not
> currently supported. Is this something that's likely to
> change in the very near future, or is no one working on it?

It may change in future. I'm (still) working on a backend for the
Genesys gl646 and gl841 chips but it's still not finished and I don't
have much time at the moment.

See http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/genesys-backend/

I wouldn't buy a scanner just because someone intends to write a
backend. Better buy an already supported device.

Could anyone who already owns such a scanner send me the output of
sane-find-scanner -v -v of SANE 1.0.13 or later?