[sane-devel] Re: How to link the Scan Button of CX3100 to a linux application?

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:07:11 -0500

I assume this is an EPSON CX-3100. In this case, the scanner does not
send anything when you press the button. The Windows software checks
every half second or second or so to find out if the button was
pressed.

The problem with handling buttons with Sane is that we don't have an
API for this, so every backend would potentially handle this
differently. Also, there is no official way to communicate a button
event to a frontend.

The EPSON backend has a mode where you can setup your scan, and then
configure it to wait for a button event. This would not allow you to
send the scans to another application, but it's a start :-)