[sane-devel] Re: Micortek SANE USB Config

Karsten Festag karsten.festag@gmx.de
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 21:42:20 +0100

Hi Race,

i'm afraid you will not be able to use the USB interface with this scanner and
SANE under OSX. The microtek2 backend was written for SCSI scanners and the
way some of the Microtek USB scanners work under Linux is a special kernel
module called 'microtek.o' which makes the USB scanner appear as a SCSI
device. I don't know if there is a similar possibility in OSX and I don't
have the possibilitiy to include libusb support to the microtek2 backend
because I don't have an USB scanner available and I have not enough leisure
time left for such kind of project. But maybe someone else would like to do
this?

Best regards

Karsten