[sane-devel] Mustek 1200CP scanner does not release parallel port

edg1@tiscali.be edg1@tiscali.be
Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:25:23 +0100

Dario Berzano wrote:
>  Another strange aspect is that I had to set up the cis600 driver
> instead of the proper cis1200 one. With cis1200 (or cis1200+), the
> scanned image is vertically stretched, and the scanning head tries to
> scan out of range, making a loud, awful noise and damaging my
> hardware.

Sorry, I forgot this in my previous message:

Most likely, your scanner is not a true 1200CP. It looks like there are
600CP's out there that are labeled as 1200CP's.
I have had a few similar reports before. I don't know who is
responsible for this, ie., whether it is Mustek itself or some
reseller.
If your scanner works fine with the cis600 setting, then it's indeed
better not to try the cis1200 or cis1200+ settings, because that can be
damaging to your scanner, as you found out.

Best regards,

Eddy