[sane-devel] SANE - Mac OS X 10.3.2 and Microtek Scanmaker

David B Brown david_b_brown at mac.com
Wed Jan 28 11:31:14 GMT 2004

Hi,

	I tried out SANE a couple of months back just after Mac OS X SCSI
support was added. At the time it didn't work and I posted a few notes
and worked off line with Guy Brooker but we didn't fix the issues.

	Now I saw that Mattias Ellert was offering  per-compiled Mac OS X
packages, built form CVS as off 25-01-2004 so I though I'd give it
another go. Unfortunately it still doesn't appear to work. The good
news from my point of view is that unlike before I don't have to
re-boot between tests.

	Here's the latest trace :-

	[microtek] .wait_ready 0...
[sanei_scsi] cmd2: cmd_size:6 src_size:0 dst_size:0 isWrite:1
[sanei_scsi] isWrite src_size:0
[sanei_scsi] Executing command
[sanei_scsi] ExecuteTaskSync OK Trasferred 0 bytes
[microtek] .start_scan...
[sanei_scsi] cmd2: cmd_size:6 src_size:0 dst_size:0 isWrite:1
[sanei_scsi] isWrite src_size:0
[sanei_scsi] Executing command
[sanei_scsi] ExecuteTaskSync OK Trasferred 0 bytes
[microtek] .get_scan_status 0...
[sanei_scsi] cmd2: cmd_size:6 src_size:0 dst_size:6 isWrite:0
[sanei_scsi] isRead dst_size:6
[sanei_scsi] Executing command
[sanei_scsi] ExecuteTaskSync OK Trasferred 0 bytes
[microtek] get_scan_status(0): 0, 0, 0  -> #0
[microtek] >  0  0  0  0  0  0
[microtek] sane_start:  SCSI buffer smaller that one scan line!
[microtek] end_scan...
[microtek] .stop_scan...
[sanei_scsi] cmd2: cmd_size:6 src_size:0 dst_size:0 isWrite:1
[sanei_scsi] isWrite src_size:0
[sanei_scsi] Executing command
[sanei_scsi] ExecuteTaskSync OK Trasferred 0 bytes
scanimage: sane_start: Out of memory
[microtek] sane_cancel...
[microtek] end_scan...
[microtek] sane_close...
[microtek] sane_exit...
[microtek] sane_exit:  MICROTEK says goodbye.
[MacCoylton:~] dave%

Cheers

David