[sane-devel] Which are the modules to load for a scsi scanner in the kernel 2.6

Jose Sanchez joseos@okstate.edu
Sat, 03 Jul 2004 09:01:04 -0500

Jochen Eisinger wrote:

>Hi,
>
>i have ported the ppscsi driver suite to 2.6 and try to keep it working.
>You could submit a request to SuSE to include it in future kernels, if
>enough people ask for it, they will probably include it.
>
>The patch is available from my homepage:
>
>http://penguin-breeder.org/kernel/#ppscsi
>
>kind regards
>-- jochen

Hi Jochen,

I patched the kernel with the patch in the web page.  Everything went
ok.  I compiled the kernel, but the modules where not compiled again.
Do I have to configure something or I am missing something in my
compilation.  I did, make bzImage, make modules, make modules_install,
cp bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-ppscsi, cp System.map /boot/System.map-ppscsi,
mkinitrd -k vmlinuz-ppscsi -i initrd-ppscsi, then I changed the grub
menu to include my kernel.

I booted the system, everything went ok, however, I tried loading the
modules and I had the same error.

Thanks

Jose