[sane-devel] Microtek 3600 Fedora 2 UGH

Sat, 3 Jul 2004 19:52:29 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 07:42:09PM -0700, Brennahn Chesteine wrote:
> Xsane can see my Microtek 3600 USB scanner with no
> problem. I can aquire preview just fine or I can scan
> the full image just fine. But if I aquire preview then
> select the portion of the image I wish to scan and
> click "Scan" I get this error.
>
> "Failed to start scanner: error during device I/O"
>
> I have torn google apart but cannot find a solution.
> Any ideas?

To find out the cause of the error message, emable debugging:

export SANE_DEBUG_SM3600=255

and try to scan.

There have been wuite a lot of reports of general USB trouble on 2.6
so it may be worth to try with Linux 2.4.

If you can't find out what's wrong, contact the author of that backend:
Marian Eichholz <eichholz@computer.org>