[sane-devel] discussion: Future of SANE-project

Mike Fedyk mfedyk@matchmail.com
Wed, 07 Jul 2004 13:44:54 -0700

m. allan noah wrote:

>do it. In case you had not noticed, we often ARE hobbyists.
>
>like any other open-source project, if you want something, you should be
>prepared to do it yourself. 'show me the code' by picking a vendor,
>figuring out if the backend maintainer has any good contacts, and start
>talking to the company yourself.

I agree.

But, if more people who know about the efforts they can point others in
the right direction if they want to evangalize.  True, many may want to
have others do the work, but usually several people putting in a little
time can do more than one putting in a lot of time.