[sane-devel] scanner buttons, was: Simplified installation procedure for Redhat Fedora Linux 1.0 and Epson 1670 scanner, also a report of a bug?

Rene Rebe rene@rocklinux-consulting.de
Fri, 09 Jul 2004 01:20:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'm currently implementing button support for the Avision backend
(because users asks for it ...). I run into a tiny issue:

When the state is read by the application, it should be in some way
reset. Any idea how this fits into the proposed ideas - especially if
we have single options?

On: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:18:50 +0100,
    Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:

> > 3. the stati are generally not accessed via a separate command for =
each =

> > sensor, but instead, there is one command that gets a bitmask from =
the =

> > scanner.
> =

> But that's completely backend-specific. So it shouldn't stop us from
> using single options (if there are no other disadvantages).

There is the disadvantage that is is harder to flush the state. If all
would be in a mask the next read could just reset it ...

Sincerely yours,
  Ren=E9 Rebe
    - ROCK Linux stable release maintainer

--  =