[sane-devel] scanner buttons

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 16:21:31 +0200

On Friday 09 July 2004 16:09, m. allan noah wrote:
-------------------------------8<--------------------------
> ok, here's a crazy idea- why not just reload the entire option array every
> few seconds?

then we get some kind of "Flash" application, which does nothing than simply
reloading/repainting its surface :-))))))
Who will control the reload - a timer inside the backend?

> the backend then gets to decide what order to reload them in
> (i.e. load the 'mode' switch first, then change all the mode params, then
> load the 'scan' button press).
>
> is this nuts?

Hmmm, I'm not really sure at the moment :-))))))))))))))))

But in the end we need some more feedback, which can be shown to the
user of a backend.

Ciao,
  Gerhard