[sane-devel] problems getting network access to scanner..

Fri, 9 Jul 2004 17:14:04 +0200

[cc'ed to sane-devel]

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 08:51:33AM +1000, debian-laptop@lists.debian.org wrote:
> >Does the "connection closed" happen immediately?
> >
> yes it does, I presume this is bad?

Yes. saned isn't even started.

> >>So the machines seem to be talking..
> >

> >Check the syslog of the server for messages.
> >

> nothing appears in syslog..

That means that saned isn't running. Does it work if you disable saned
in inetd.conf and run it manually (saned -d128)?

> [net] connect_dev: net_init (user=(null), local version=1.0.3)
> [net] connect_dev: argument marshalling error (Connection reset by peer)

Strange. I'd expect "[net] connect_dev: [0] failed to connect
(Connection refused)" if saned didn't run.

Are you sure that the program that is run from saned is really saned?
For me it looks like it's a script or other program that sends garbage
to stdout.