[sane-devel] USB-Scanner Medion 3810 is actually a >Medion MD 6190<

Fri, 9 Jul 2004 20:12:55 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 04:57:14PM +0200, Georg Halfas wrote:
> Am Mi, den 07.07.2004 schrieb Gerhard Jaeger um 10:25:
> > Hi,
> >
> > regarding the results of our search-engine, which should always be consulted,
> > the scanner is marked as not supported.
>
> Is there any support in sight. I mean this is a scanner sold by Aldi in
> Germany at a quite cheap price. So there might be a lot of people having
> the same problem as I do.

That's good because that means that there are many people who can help
you writing the backend. Have you already started? In this case I'd
add a link to your web page where some more info or even code for the
backend is found.

In case you don't get what I'm talking about: :-)
Backends for completely new chipsets are usually written by someone
who owns such a device. Most of the time the current SANE developers
don't start writing completely new backends as maintaining the older
ones (and adding scanners to those) takes already wuite a lot of time.

Documentation about writing backends can be found at the Contrbuting
section of our website.