[sane-devel] scanner buttons

Fri, 9 Jul 2004 20:56:28 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 03:35:47PM +0200, Rene Rebe wrote:
> > I also think we need some callback stuff for warmup notification.
>
> Hm - maybe callback stuff are too much changes for 1.x - maybe we
> should finally start working on SANE 2?

There is no way to add callbacks to 1.0.

> In my last mail I already wrote that the HP 74xx have buttons to
> change the scan mode and copy count - this are also use cases where
> the "option changed" callbacks come handy.

Callbacks are really difficult to implement (if not impossible) in
SANE due to its network protocol.

Unfortunately callbacks for options and messages and also the printing
of generic information messages is not that easy. Please, everyon
reread the older threads about that. I've also forgotten half of the
details :-)

bye,
  Henning