[sane-devel] Re: [save-devel] xscanimage font problem

Gene Stemple gene_s@vtc.net
Fri, 09 Jul 2004 17:13:58 -0700

Progress...
    Installed new libc6 (version 2.3.2.ds1-13)... o.k.
    Installed matching locales (ver. 2.3.2.ds1-13) and
     then configured for support of en_US ISO-8859-1
      AND en_US.UTF-8.
    Tried "export LANG=en_US.UTF-8" (and ..-ISO-8859-1)
prior to "xscanimage microtek2:/dev/sg1"
    No change in displayed text.  No informative or
diagnostic messages.  However, exporting other LANG
options causes xscanimage to complain "Gtk-warning:
Locale not supported by C library" so I'm thinking
that it is not a locale problem.
    What about environment variables LC_CTYPE and
LC_MESSAGES?  Are defaults o.k. there?
   Note to J.Blache --
"xfonts-*-transcoded" is not in my system; are other
fonts known to work?  Or, point me to an "xfonts"
source.
    ...Gene...