[sane-devel] Chinon DS-3000

James A. Littlefield jal@alum.mit.edu
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:13:05 -0400

Hello SANE Developers!    Thanks for making a great scanning toolset.

I am probably the last person in the world who still has a working
Chinon DS3000 scanner!    It is, I think, about 15 years old.   I have a
working linux interface program and propose to make a sane backend for
this scanner.     I searched the archives and did not find any mention
of chinon or ds3000 so perhaps the backend might be of interest to a few
people.    The scanner is limited is resolution,  grayscale  (no
color),   and very slow.    Still,   since its an overhead camera deal
it is sometimes useful to me for scanning stuff that does not lay flat!

I have been reading the API documentation and FAQs and have installed
the sane-devel rpm on my RH9 system.    Any other
guidelines/resources/recommendations before proceeding w/ my DS3000
backend development?

Thanks!