[sane-devel] Chinon DS-3000

Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:46:50 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 09:13:05AM -0400, James A. Littlefield wrote:
> I am probably the last person in the world who still has a working
> Chinon DS3000 scanner!    It is, I think, about 15 years old.   I have a
> working linux interface program and propose to make a sane backend for
> this scanner.

Nice! I'll add that scanner to our lists and point users to you. Well,
if there are any other users of that scanner in this universe :-)

> I have been reading the API documentation and FAQs and have installed
> the sane-devel rpm on my RH9 system.

Better use sane-backends from CVS.

> Any other guidelines/resources/recommendations before proceeding w/
> my DS3000 backend development?

Looking at the source code of other backends may help.
Please tell us once you have some code or a webpage we can link to.

This is a list of serial devices supported by SANE:
http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=&model=&bus=ser