[sane-devel] ScanMagic 4800P doesn't respond

Bertram Scharpf b.scharpf@tesionmail.de
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:28:26 +0200

Hi,

I happen to own an old noname scanner, tagged "ScanMagic 4800P".
As I read it should work with a Mustek 600III EP Plus driver.

Configuration works fine; the scanner is detected by
`sane-find-scanner -p'. But calling `scanimage -L' will not
return. Execution hangs after the debugging line

[sanei_pa4s2] sanei_pa4s2_readbyte: read in EPP mode

I made the whole typescript available at
<http://www.bertram-scharpf.de/tmp/typescript.txt>.

Plugging an Iomega Zip Drive into the same LPT slot works
unproblematic.

Could anyone give me a hint what further to try?

Thanks in advance,
Bertram

--
Bertram Scharpf