[sane-devel] Calling Sane From Java ...

Art Pollard pollarda@lextek.com
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 08:55:57 -0600

--=====================_385051656==_.ALT

I'm working on an image manipulation program that is written in Java.

I'm currently thinking that the best way for me to call Sane is through the
command line front ends.  However, when I look at the page for scanadf, it
looks like it hasn't been updated for a long time.  I'm not sure whether
this means that it is done and no more work needs to be done on it or,
whether it is very much out of date.

I looked at the jsane stuff but can't discern how stable it is.  I'm
leaning a bit more towards a commandline version since it looks like it may
be a bit easier for an end-user to set up than the daemon front end.  (I
may be wrong on this.)

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated....

-Art

--
Art Pollard
http://www.lextek.com/

--=====================_385051656==_.ALT

I'm working on an image manipulation program that is written in
Java.<br><br>
I'm currently thinking that the best way for me to call Sane is through
the command line front ends.&nbsp; However, when I look at the page for
scanadf, it looks like it hasn't been updated for a long time.&nbsp; I'm
not sure whether this means that it is done and no more work needs to be
done on it or, whether it is very much out of date.<br><br>
I looked at the jsane stuff but can't discern how stable it is.&nbsp; I'm
leaning a bit more towards a commandline version since it looks like it
may be a bit easier for an end-user to set up than the daemon front
end.&nbsp; (I may be wrong on this.)<br><br>
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated....<br><br>
-Art<br><br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
-- <br>
Art Pollard <br>