[sane-devel] HP5370C still not working

Tue, 1 Jun 2004 15:58:18 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 01:14:42PM +0200, gilles@ffii.org wrote:
> I retried yesterday, and to my deep disappointment, the scanner
> doesn't even go that far anymore: trying
>
>  scanimage -d avision:libusb:002:007 > image.pnm
>
> the scanner tray moves a little (but in the wrong direction),
> and after some 3 seconds, the light starts flashing.

>      Debian GNU/Linux 2.6.5

There have been reports about USB trouble with Linux 2.6.5 and 2.6.6.
I don't know if that's valid for all USB scanners. As far as I can see
the reports are mostly about Epson scanners.
Nevertheless, have a look at syslog and check for bulk timeouts/errors.

I'm using Linux 2.6.7-rc2 and don't see any USB errors but I'm using
Mustek and Plustek scanners only and haven't tested 2.6.5 or 2.6.6.