[sane-devel] OS/2 specific patch for sane-backends/backend/dll.c

Sat, 5 Jun 2004 11:49:07 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 10:31:30PM +0200, Franz Bakan wrote:
> On Sat, 29 May 2004 17:21:06 +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> >What about tools/? There is already a script called by the Makefile.
> >You could call it from backend/Makefile if the install target is run
> >on OS/2.
>
> tools/ is fine.

I've added the script to the tools directory. If you want to call it
automatically from backend/Makefile please send a patch for the
install traget that only executes when os2 is used.

> >I'd change the license to just GPL. E.g. at the moment, nobody is
> >allowed to use your script (only copy, distribute and modify it) :-)
>
> Change it to what you think is best. I am not shure if a license is
> necessary at all for such a short script, but I'm not a lawyer and
> don't know if there are sane-project-specific rules for these things.

Better add a license to everything to avoid discussions. I've used GPL
in this case.

Please check if the script still works.

By the way, your website says:
"Optionally you can remove support for scanners you don't need to make
compiling faster and libsane.dll smaller.
For this purpose you have to modify
sane-backends-1.0.14/backend/Makefile.in and remove the scanners you
don't need from the list which starts with:
PRELOADABLE_BACKENDS =
"

That doesn't work anymore. Just run configure like this:
BACKENDS="net mustek whatever" ./configure

Or modify backend/Makefile after it was generated by configure.

Also "--enable-translations" has been the default setting for some
time now.