[sane-devel] sane-backends 1.0.14 and Epson Perfection 1250 and 1260 trouble

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 09:25:29 -0400

I just left my comments in the bug report.

The Epson backend does not have information about these scanners (this
means no product ID), so they should not be recognized and therefore
the backend should not try to send any data. The only way this would
happen is, if somebody explicitly uses the "usb 0x4b8 0xXXX" entry in
epson.conf to manually add this scanner to the list of known scanners.

I don't have these scanners, so I cannot test this. I do however know
that if I add an EPSON scanner that is not yet supported (this was e.g.
the case with the Perfection 4850), the new scanner is not recognized,
and skipped during the scanner detection.

There may be something else doing on, but I don't know what yet.

I need a debug log for this case to find out what's going on.
Unfortunately
the author of the bug report did not leave an email address, so I hope
that either my comment in the bug database, or this mail reaches the
author.

Henning, do you know how to get in touch with Jan?

Karl Heinz