[sane-devel] HP 7450C libusb problems

insane@piments.com insane@piments.com
Sun, 06 Jun 2004 20:12:51 +0200

Hi,

Yes this seems to be a pretty broad issue with sane/libusb and more recent
2.6.x kernels

I am getting very similar behaviour from my canoscan FB636U on
Athlon-XP/Gentoo/2.6.6 kernel.

[ebuild   R   ] media-gfx/xsane-0.93
[ebuild   R   ] media-gfx/sane-backends-1.0.14-r2
[ebuild   R   ] dev-libs/libusb-0.1.8

It was scanning briefly at one stage and I think I was running early 2.6
kernels at that time although I can not be precise.

I does not appear to be a problem in the kernel itself since vuescan works
perfectly on this system.

If sane is going to continue to be an option it appears some dev work is
needed to resolve this issue.

I emailed Oliver Rauch and he indicated I should contact the backend
maintainer (who apparently no longer replies to bug reports).

But it seems from some of the posts here that the issue is much larger.

Could someone remind me what the debug line is for this scanner so I can
get more detailed output.

Thanks, Peter.

--
Using M2, Opera's e-mail client: on Gentoo Linux