[sane-devel] XSane tweaks settings by its own :-(

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:16:28 +0200

On Tuesday 08 June 2004 12:22, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 12:15:54PM +0200, Gerhard Jaeger wrote:
> > I'm currenlty trying to add more frontend configurable options to the
> > Plustek backend and have some problems with xsane now.
> > There's a value whose range is from -1..63. At the default state, when
> > starting xsane, it is properly displayed: -1.
> > When changing once to i.e. 6 and changing it back to -1, xsane stores
> > it as 0 and also displays it after the next startup as 0..
> > Bug or feature? What is wrong. The type of this option is SANE_TYPE_INT,
> > the contraint_type is SANE_CONTRAINT_RANGE...
> > The configfile of xsane shows, that this value is stored as 0 and not as
> > -1...
>
> How does the definition of the constraint look like?

static const SANE_RANGE gain_range = { -1, 63, 1 };

should be okay - shouldn't it?
Okay, some more investigations on that show, that when reducing the range
from -1 to -2 and I set -2 in the dialogue, I will be internally set to -1...
I also checked this with the quiteinsane backend, which seems to have no
problems on that, so I thinks it's a bug in xsane...

Ciao,
  Gerhard